CO2 laser cutting machine is becoming more and more popular on material design and cutting area. Many artists prefer this cutter because of its high efficiency and precision cutting, which will save much more time for them. Generally speaking, CO2 laser cutting machine can provide services for more than 6 years, but such machine is exquisite. In this way routine maintenance of the CO2 laser cutting machine is very important, because it will directly affect the efficiency improvement.
Actually, after every summer, a mass of phone calls run from our customers. Many of them ask for help because the damp weather fails the machine function. So here today, Disen laser machine is going to share with you some tips about daily machine maintenance tips. Also, this is the way we help you to save your money!
Usually, we suggest a one-time cleaning job per week to tune up the machine.
Before the CO2 laser cutting machine starts working, you should ensure the laser tube full of circulating water. The quality and temperature of the circulating water will influence the service life of the laser tube directly, so purified water below 35℃ is the best for the tube. If the water temperature is beyond 35℃, please change the water or add ice into the water. (Also many of our partners will buy a cooler or use two water tanks.)
Besides, we should also clean the water tank regularly. So here we have prepared 5 steps to help you to operate:
1. Turn off the power and pull out the water pipe. Let the water flow from the laser tube to the water tank.
2. Open the water tank and take out the water pump. Clean the filth on the pump and tank.
3. Change the circulating water.
4. Install the water pump back, and insert the water pipe into the water inlet to joint together.
5. Launch the water pump alone and run for 2-3 min to let the laser tube be full of circulating water.
Fan cleaning is relatively easy to operate, just the same as we clean the fan on our computer.
The fan or ventilator can gather piles of dust after long services, which can cause noise and decrease the ability of venting. So when insufficient suction happens, we should firstly turn off the power, and uninstall the venting outlet and pipe. Then wipe off or blow out the dust directly. Finally, invert the fan to clean thoroughly and install it back.
To get a better cutting effect, we should clean the lens before everyday working. But the cleaning job must be under the power-off condition.
Usually, in a CO2 laser cutter, there are three mirrors and a focusing mirror on the engraving machine. The first mirror is at the launch port of the laser tube, that is, the upper left corner of the machine. The second mirror is at the left end of the beam, and the third mirror is located at the left end of the beam.
On the top of the fixed part of the laser head, the focusing lens sits in the adjustable barrel under the laser head. The laser light is reflected and focused by these mirrors, and then emitted from the laser light. Then the lens is easily contaminated with dust or other contaminants, causing laser loss or lens damage.
No. 1 and No. 2 lenses do not need to be removed during cleaning. We just wipe the lens paper carefully and soak the center of the lens to the edge of the lens with the cleaning solution. The No. 3 lens and the focusing lens need to be removed from the frame, wiped in the same way, and then installed after wiping.
1. We should wipe the lens gently to avoid damage on the surface coating;
2. Please handle the lens gently to prevent it from falling off during the wiping process;
3. Keep the concave surface downwards when installing the focusing lens.
It is better to clean the guide rail completely every half month.
As one of the core components of the equipment, the guide rail, and linear axis play a guiding and supporting role. To ensure the high machining accuracy of the machine tool, the guide rails, and straight lines need to have high guiding accuracy and good motion stability.
During the operation of the equipment, a large amount of corrosive dust and smoke will be generated during the processing. Due to the long-term accumulation of a large amount of smoke and dust on the surface of the guide rail and linear axis, it has a great impact on the processing accuracy of the equipment. Corrosion spots will form on the surface of the guide rail spool, which shortens the service life of the equipment. To ensure the normal and stable operation of the machine and the processing quality of the product, daily maintenance of the guide rail and linear axis must be done.
We must clean up the surface dirt of the machine tool and guide rails to keep the machine bed clean every working day and turn off the air source and power supply when off work, also remember to drain the remaining air in the machine tool tube belt.
If you leave the machine for a long time, turn off the power to prevent non-professional operation.
Pay attention to observe whether there is lubricating oil on the surface of the machine's horizontal and longitudinal guide rails and racks to keep them well lubricated!
So considering your convenience, we have summarized the scheduled maintenance for both beginners and professionals:
1. We should clean up the machine every week. Pay special attention to the cleaning of the horizontal and vertical guide rails, the transmission gear rack, and the body rack, because such parts will influence working efficiency directly.
2. Check regularly and add lubricating oil in time.
3. Check whether the horizontal and vertical rail wipers work normally, and replace them in time if not.
4. Check whether all the cutting torches are loose, clean up the rubbish of the ignition muzzle, and keep the ignition normal.
5. If there is an automatic height adjustment device, check whether it is sensitive and whether to replace the probe.
6. Check whether the plasma cutting nozzle and electrode are damaged and whether the cutting nozzle and electrode need to be replaced.
1. Check whether there is dust at the main air inlet and whether each valve and pressure gauge is working properly.
2. Check whether air pipe joints are loose and make sure all pipes are still windtight. Tighten or replace if necessary.
3. Check whether transmission parts are loose, check the meshing of gears and racks, and make adjustments if necessary.
4. Loosen the tightening device and push the pulley by hand to see if it comes and goes freely. If there is any abnormality, adjust or replace it in time.
5. Check the clamping block, steel belt, and guide wheel for looseness and tightness of the steel belt, and adjust if necessary.
6. Check the performance of all buttons and selector switches, replace damaged ones, and finally draw a comprehensive inspection graph to test the accuracy of the machine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know. Or you could leave us a message for inquiry. Disen hopes to collaborate with you all the time!
* Owing to the real-time updating of products and technologies, the datas and product pictures on the site are for reference only